Saturday, August 16, 2008

faith forum live blogging

I am going to try my first take at “live-blogging” the faith forum. I just turned on CNN to see my favorite commentator Roland Martin taking on Tony Perkins from the Family Research Council right after Rick Warren said on public television that he does not consider himself pro-life, but rather “whole-life.”

It’s going to be interesting to see how the issue of abortion comes up further tonight.

I'm also curious to see how the media and others unpack this forum especially because they generally treat evangelical as a political category instead of as a religious term. I think that this forum is going to challenge this a bit.

Roland is kicking ass...

And can I just say that while I rolled my eyes a few years ago when it seemed like the whole world was reading The Purpose Driven Life ---- I have been really impressed with Warren as I have followed him over the years, especially with how his faith and conviction about social justice seems to have genuinely deepened as he has experienced God's work in the world among the most poor and vulnerable. Who would have thought?

No comments: