second break with Obama.
I was surprised with Obama's answer on gay marriage. His answer did not seem to jive with what I know of Obama's support of the LGBTQ community. It was, though, a good middle of the road answer and argument to evangelicals about how civil unions for gays will not hurt or challenge "marriage." It seems that he made a calculated move to answer the question in a way to further align himself with evangelicals. But I know it will raise red-flags with a lot of his gay supporters. It definitely took me off guard. I wonder what the fallout will be.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Obama's got a huge mess on his hands if you ask me. He has been supportive of Tim Kaine ( Va's gov. who isn't such a fan of gay rights) - then he comes out and says something like this about marriage being holy and beween 1 man and 1 woman.
Its not a suprise - most LGBTQ would vote for Obama in a heartbeat - he is excellent compared to Bush. However, the very fact that he can get up there and pretend this issue doesn't exist - just makes LGBTQ people upset and frusterated and makes them feel let down (especially since he has been supportive in the past). If Obama keeps going on this platform...well..he has just made enemies amongst many democrats. He needs to get back on the party platform. NOW!
Post a Comment