Monday, May 5, 2008

summer blues

It is humid. I wait for the clock to reach 5:00 PM. Is it possible to feel thankful, content, bored, passive, meaningful, and stuck all at the same time? This is what the last few weeks have felt like to me. My frustration comes from the lack of movement I see around me – everything is still, dry, flat, dusty, old.

There is nowhere to go.

Work. Home. Work. Home. Work. Grocery Store. Home. Work. Home. Work. Home. Church. Home. Nap. Repeat.

I told Than this weekend that I don’t want him to feel guilty when I express my boredom/frustration, I just want him to empathize with me. The school year is over and everything feels like drudgery. But at the same time Than and I have these delightful conversations where we realize that internally both of us feel incredibly rich, held, and sustained. We feel surrounded with meaning, purpose, and hope.

So, it's a bit difficult to answer the question: "how are you?" right now.

No comments: