Below is part of a message I received from Yale Divinity. I've been really impressed with all my communication with their Admissions Department. They take a very positive and holistic tone, and I really enjoy that since the acceptance/rejection/waiting process can often be callous and brutal.
" I know this period of time between submitting your application and learning the admissions decision can seem endless. Try and think of it as your own season of Admissions Advent. As you await the decision from the admissions committee reflect on the experience of making the application; I am often told that writing the personal statement is a cathartic exercise and our applicants enjoy the opportunity to truly parse out their hopes and their vocational goals. These days should be filled with hope and promise for what the future holds, because whether the decision from Yale is a positive or a negative one, this whole process is one of learning and growing. Whether you join the Yale community or not you have taken an important step toward your future by seeking a theological education. "
I love what she says about these days should be filled with hope and promise. It's not easy to have hope when you are anxious, but at the same time, I'm learning to rest in the fact that my future is not in my hands. A way will be made. I can trust that we - Than and I - have not been led here to die. I do have hope for the future. And I am looking forward to seeing how this all unfolds, not just for me but for us, because I know that God holds both of us and is weaving our lives together in crazy, unexpected ways.
Prayers are always appreciated, though!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way will open. Praise God.
Post a Comment