Saturday, February 9, 2008

transformation on the ground

The below quote by an Obama supporter in WA illustrates why I support Barack Obama for President. It's not because I'm placing my faith in him as a person, it is because I believe in what he is calling us to be as a nation. Obama challenges us to see the dignity of each person, to work together despite our differences for a common good, and to respect one another regardless of personal ideology. If we approach everything with this humility, we might actually get something done.

As Stephanie says:

I never imagined that there was a candidate who would actually change who I am. I want to be honest: I'm very liberal, and in my life I have to say I've been a little disrespectful of Republicans. But Barack Obama challenged me to remember that every single person has dignity, and deserves to be heard -- and if we can work to find common ground, we can all finally move forward together.

No comments: