These are the things that remind me daily that I am living in West Texas:
1) My boss is shocked that I recycle
2) No one understands the utility or function of my down vest. Responses range from scorn to genuine puzzlement… “how does it keep your arms warm?”
3) I’m the only one who dresses in five layers. Hence, the importance of wearing a sweater and a down vest - along with a scarf, tights, a long sleeve shirt, a t-shirt, and boots.
4) Dust storm, sheet cake, brisket, y’all, and sweet tea have become part of my vocabulary (speaking of which, I just made some sweet tea for the first time this week, though mine was Rooibos, of course)
5) Alan Keyes wants to speak at my university. I had never heard of him until yesterday. Apparently, he is a presidential contender.
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Another sign you are a Northwester. Your sister comes to your blog becuase she thinks you should head over to The Stranger.com --> If you havn't yet seen - they have formally endorsed Obama ! YAY for the Stranger !
http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=496336
oh, and I now go to basketball games as a social event.
you would love the weather this week-very typical NW! the weathermen were all claiming three inches of snow in seattle on tuesday, so SPU cancelled all evening classes in anticipation for the snow. of course, we all awoke tuesday morning to a dreary, rainy 40 degree day. that is seattle for you.
MISS you rachel and think of you often! thank you for the card and picture from the wedding-what a special gift.
thank you also for attempting to connect over the holidays...you know, i'll just email you directly. lots happened with the family that made all of us turn inward for a time.
lmary
Post a Comment